Mobile Phone Forensics Experts.
Mobile phone evidence is
increasingly common in litigation.
We find evidence in locked and even damaged mobile phones.
Mobile phones are now more common than regular computers and are increasingly an important source of evidence, including information on who the owner talked to, what messages they sent or received, their social networks, and the locations they have visited. This area of digital forensics is fast moving and rapidly changing in comparison with computer forensics, requiring a wide range of techniques and approaches depending on the make and model of phone.
How we help
We provide expert advice, opinion and analysis services in relation to mobile phone forensic matters:
- Extraction of evidence from locked mobile phones.
- Extraction of evidence from broken mobile phones.
- Obtaining mobile phone oriented evidence in manner that is admissible in court.
- Production of summary reports on the contents of mobile phones.
- Identification of facts.
- Assurance of reliability of evidence.
- Preparation of expert reports
- Opinion on and validation of third party expert reports and evidence
Case Study: Recovery of destroyed mobile phone evidence
The plaintiff alleged that, on being confronted with accusations of having filmed the plaintiff without their constent, the accused attempted to destroy their mobile phone. In subsequent litigation, the issue of whether the video had been sent or otherwise moved from the mobile phone was raised.
We were able to rebuild and repair the phone such that an analysis of the claims was possible.